MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Unable to use Upload command on machine that is running MySQL and contains file to uploau
Posted by: David Figgat
Date: November 21, 2018 12:59PM

So I verified I am using the local command and am loading the file from a file on my machine. I also verified the file was in the upload directory which didn't work.

-- script I used is below.

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE
"C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\Uploads\website_visits_data.csv"
INTO TABLE `website_visits`
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
IGNORE 1 LINES
(ID, CUSTOMER_NAME, CUSTOMER_TYPE, DATE_STARTED, DURATION,
GENDER,AGE,SALARY,REVIEW_DURATION,RELATED_DURATION,PURCHASED);

I used the SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "secure_file_priv"; query to verify the path was correct and received a response of "C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\Uploads"

I turned off the the "secure-file-priv" setting by adding = '' to the "# secure-file-priv" statement in my "my.ini" file and checked the setting by using the statement below.

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "secure_file_priv";

I received a response of null

I still received the error code 1148 The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version. When I tried to load the file.

I then added the file to a local documents drive and updated the path in my script. The script is below.

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE
"C:\Users\david\Documents\MySQL"
INTO TABLE `website_visits`
FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
IGNORE 1 LINES
(ID, CUSTOMER_NAME, CUSTOMER_TYPE, DATE_STARTED, DURATION,
GENDER,AGE,SALARY,REVIEW_DURATION,RELATED_DURATION,PURCHASED);

I received the same error. I am running version the community edition version 8.013 with Windows 10, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help and I would appreciate any additional insight into how to resolve the error.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Unable to use Upload command on machine that is running MySQL and contains file to uploau
November 21, 2018 12:59PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.