MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Set global_time_zone for mysql server by start
Posted by: jürgen helmdach
Date: April 09, 2019 01:05AM

Dear Peter,

I'm irritated jet.
I'm triet to start mysqld_safe.
first don't was the directory /var/run/mysql.
I'm created this and tried to set the timezone. I had not error message but aufter
sat i cud see the changed timezone.

jet i can not start the mysql server and become allways the message:

service mysql start
Job for mysql.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status mysql.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Yesterday i searched in the Timetables from Mysql I saw the Timezone CET, many Europeen time zones but not the timezone CEST wat make Errors by the JDBC-Connector.
We tray here to solve to round the missing entry CEST with change the timezone entries, what makes many trouble.

May be that the horse will be to ride backward?
Can it be that we tray to repair an problem with many tools where its only is a entry in the database what is not there?

I'm long worked as an programmer with databases but my English is not so good to understand all the discussions, but when master data in the database not be can found we or the maker of the database should be inserted.

Can You with a only answer yes/no say that is possible as root to insert record in the timetables? than i will make a new installation of the database.

Otherwise i have to see after a database server where work correct end forget the mysql server.

regard jürgen

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.