MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

I crashed my installation
Posted by: Wim Roffel
Date: April 15, 2019 07:36AM

I had a phpmyadmin import that was running forever (more than an hour) and I ended it by stopping Mysql in my Xampp console. Bad idea: now my Mysql has crashed. But it looks like the problem is in the login rather than in the data tables.

- I can start and stop Mysql in the Xampp console: no errors
- when I try to connect to the database from php I get a "mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002)" error that says that the computer actively refused the connection
- when I try to run mysqlcheck I get (after I entered the password): "got error: 2003: Can't connect to MYSQL server on 'localhost' (10061 "Unknown error") when trying to connect". It doesn't matter which database I want to check.

As it was a localhost nothing else was running so my guess would be that the data tables should be ok. The crashing phpmyadmin gave an error message that indicated that it was querying the information schema.

What is the best way to get out of this situation?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
I crashed my installation
April 15, 2019 07:36AM
April 15, 2019 07:49AM
April 15, 2019 08:13AM
April 15, 2019 09:14AM
April 15, 2019 10:19AM
April 15, 2019 08:49AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.