MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Fresh install fail, please help!
Posted by: Andrew Powell
Date: November 08, 2019 10:19AM

Hi all,

I'm on MacOS Mojave (10.14.6) and trying to get MySQL 8.0.18 up and running to no avail. I've been all around StackOverflow and ServerFault looking for solutions, and I'm believing it's likely a permissions problem.

In System Preferences -> MySQL, I can click "Start MySQL Server" and it goes green for about 2 seconds before flipping back to red.

In Terminal, I try to start it using "mysql.server start" which yields the following:

Starting MySQL
./usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 674: /usr/local/mysql/data/FVFZJ15SL414.err: Permission denied
Logging to '/usr/local/mysql/data/FVFZJ15SL414.err'.
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 144: /usr/local/mysql/data/FVFZJ15SL414.err: Permission denied
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 199: /usr/local/mysql/data/FVFZJ15SL414.err: Permission denied
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 937: /usr/local/mysql/data/FVFZJ15SL414.err: Permission denied
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe: line 144: /usr/local/mysql/data/FVFZJ15SL414.err: Permission denied
ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/usr/local/mysql/data/FVFZJ15SL414.pid).

Can anyone assist? Log file (mysqld.local.err) shows the following as well:

Could not create unix socket lock file /var/mysql/mysql.sock.lock.

This seems pretty difficult for a fresh install...

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Fresh install fail, please help!
November 08, 2019 10:19AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.