MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Data Management Question
Posted by: Thomas Stieve
Date: January 15, 2020 04:01PM

Dear all,

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I created a large db named "World" and saved all my files to my f drive. Now, apparently my C drive is full. When I investigated, I have copies of almost all the ibd's for World in my C in a "World" db. I have no idea how that happened. The ibd's in the C are exact copies of the ones in F (same name, size, date).

When I work in workbench, the all the paths are correct. The db and tables are mapped to the F. When I deleted one of the copy ibd's in the C drive, the db that I'm working with is fine, everything pointing to the F.

So, are there subfiles or phantom files that I'm not aware of? Did I inadvertently create all these copies, I don't know how?

Sorry, I know this is silly, but I don't understand how I seemed to have copied so much data like this in the C when I created the db in the F drive.

Your help is much appreciated,
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Data Management Question
January 15, 2020 04:01PM
January 15, 2020 04:59PM
January 16, 2020 10:24AM
January 16, 2020 12:10PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.