MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

How to normalize?
Posted by: Sergio Dann
Date: May 02, 2021 05:22AM

Hello, friends. Excuse my bad English 🙂

I'll try to explain my question. So, there is an example of database below.

Currently i'm working on a bit more complicated DB, and i have created this example just for better (and fast) understanding of essence of the task.

Imagine : we have some store.. In this store users can order subscription for listening audio, can buy some goods and can order courier delivery. So, there are 3 tables : [delivery], [goods] and [subscription]. Important thing : the tables are logically independent each other.

And we have a table [payment] with records of user's payments. This table is not normalized.

Screenshot from MySQL WB:

i.imgur[.]com/xm56jcf.png

sorry, i didn't found 'attach' button. First time i see so strange forum. URLs are not allowed too.

Flat tables are not a solution because it's obstruction of normalization principles.

No triggers or outer software control. I think should be a solution inside database native capabilities.

Could you please suggest a ways to normalize this scheme?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
How to normalize?
May 02, 2021 05:22AM
May 02, 2021 11:01AM
May 02, 2021 01:02PM
May 02, 2021 02:15PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.