MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Windows Server 2019 MySQL server 8.0.21 failed to re-start issue after modifying My.ini
Posted by: Yunzhi LI
Date: August 06, 2021 07:07AM

Hello, everyone:
Good day !
I am Yunzhi LI, sorry that I not have much MySQL DB tuning experience...

I have following question need your urgent help, if anybody have suggestion to me, I will be very much appreciated !

Our company a sever (32GRam) of Windows Server 2019 was installed MySQL server 8.0.21 (installed in server mode) , I was doing some performance tuning by modifying My.INI :
-innodb_buffer_pool_instances: from default 8 to 64
-innodb_buffer_pool_size: from default 8M to 6400M

After I stopped the MySQL service from Windows Service, I couldn't re-start it any more, it showed below error message :

The MYSQL80 service on Local Computer started and then stopped, some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

The weird thing was even I restored these 2 values to previous default ones, I still not able to re-start MySQL service.

The same MySQL version installed in a Windows 10 PC, I did the same My.INI modifying, it worked fine.

Could anybody tell me what was I should do to fix this problem ?
Thank you very much !
Have a nice day !

Yunzhi

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.