MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Re-installing mysql - minor mess
Posted by: Nigel Willis
Date: September 08, 2021 01:19PM

Just remembered when I was configuring it would not allow me to call the server MYSQL80. So I called it MYSQL80A.

I have just checked the services and there is still an MYSQL80 service as well as my new MYSQL80A. So that was not removed when I tried the uninstall before posting my question.

I also made a change to the my.ini file to allow for bulk uploading data and found I could not stop the server in Workbench. The change did take effect when I restarted my laptop. The old MYSQL80 service was set to automatic but was stopped. As a precaution, I set it to disabled.

I tried to change MYSQL80 to MYSQL80 in the workbench Manage Server Connections. This did not work.

So at the moment, I am concluding that I need to uninstall it all and reinstall from scratch. Is that correct ?

If so then I think:
my first question is about removing the legacy service called MYSQL80.
And my second question is about finding out what happened of my install hangs again.

So as you can see, eager f0r your advice.

As always , thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
September 08, 2021 04:39AM
Re: Re-installing mysql - minor mess
September 08, 2021 01:19PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.