MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

School admin system db
Posted by: Brendan Botha
Date: October 18, 2021 03:45AM

Hi, I am trying to create a basic school admin system for internal use only. What I am trying to accomplish for now is to allow certain staff to enter comments into the system regarding the student's community service, special achievements, Sporting achievements, and a comment from their head of grade. Once complete, I want to generate a report per student with their relevant comments.

The problem I have in designing the db is how to hold info as each year rolls over? certain info, like community service, needs to reflect over a 3 year cycle. The year-to-year roll-over is my biggest problem, particularly when I want to add in the features for student marks, how do I design the db to retain the student marks and comments when year to year the student changes grade and possible subject choice too.

To be clear, I am trying to design it in 4th normal form prior to coding the front end. The marks and comments are all dependent on which subjects are chosen by a student, and all that is needs to be reported on a quarterly basis per year.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
School admin system db
October 18, 2021 03:45AM
October 18, 2021 08:37AM
October 19, 2021 03:53AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.