MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Need to know why database name has $1 at end and in file system shows @00241 as part of name
Posted by: LARRY WALL
Date: January 12, 2022 09:26AM

Hello everyone,

Must have joined this forum years ago but never really used much. I have a question and I think this is more aligned with developers question.

I have a database. We will just call it database_name. I noticed a new database created called database_name$1. When checking database_name there seemed to be some tables missing so must have been some corruption. This would lead me to believe when repairing it left original in tack and then worked on the repair in a copy called database_name$1, repair successful and so database_name$1 then became the default accessible active database.

If looking in windows explorer at files/folders the name shows as database_name@00241 and pretty sure this means @0024 is the hex code for asci symbol $.

What I need to know is this something mysql does automatically when notices a problem with a database, auto repair, and then use this naming convention? And if so, is this documented anywhere?

There is the possibility it is coded elsewhere but feels like something in mysql so got to start the questions somewhere.

Any help, knowledge sharing, documentation, around this topic much appreciated. If this needs to be moved under different area let me know how to move it and I will or feel free to move it.

Thanks to all for help

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Need to know why database name has $1 at end and in file system shows @00241 as part of name
January 12, 2022 09:26AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.