MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Major issues with performance after mysql restore
Posted by: Kyle Shapiro
Date: February 02, 2022 07:32AM

Hello, first time posting here and new to mysql. I am having an issues in regards to mysql performance after a mysql workbench restore of a large database. The database is 71gb in size, so I understand that the restoration process through workbench will take some time, but that's not the issue. After the restore, the database is extremely slow to run queries to return order data from customers and also the mysql dump backup process now takes over 7 hours. The CPU and MEM on the server don't appear to be the issue as the process is taking very little resources. This server also has 8vCPUs assigned with 64GB or RAM. This specific DB was restored onto a working server that did not have any issues prior to this DB restore. The backup of this database was taken with a standard command line mysql dump of a single schema. I have done a mysqlcheck on the database which returned no errors.

I'd like to add that I am not a MySQL DBA and my knowledge of this topic is extremely limited. I am very new to this. If anyone has any ideas of where I can do some additional troubleshooting, it would be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Major issues with performance after mysql restore
February 02, 2022 07:32AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.