MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: How to generate new table out two other table?
Posted by: David Kaeser
Date: March 10, 2022 10:53AM

Peter Brawley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > where dt.text = act_gen_raw.DateTime
>
> Datatype matters. MySQL date funcs aren't designed
> for text, so dt.txt should be datetime or
> timestamp and its name should reflect that.
Ok have converted the data now.
> You're thinking procedurally. SQL is about
> sets. Row-by-row processing in SQL is much
> more complex to code & debug, and orders of
> magnitude slower. Do it only as a last resort.

Yes I do understand that, I am just still new to sql and was trying to layout what kind of dataset I would like to achieve. Sorry if that caused for confusion.

> to make the dataset usable, write a query that
> finds the act_gen_raw rows matching plant_info
> rows in the dataset, compose a WHERE clause
> specifying those values, hand it to mysqldump.
> Ditto for act_gen_raw to dt.
Why do I need to hand it to mysqldump? Can't I create directly a table? Sorry I am still new to this.

I think with the following code I am finally able to select the data I want:
select dt.`d`, dt.t, `act_gen_raw`.ActualGenerationOutput, plant_information.PowerSystemResourceName as info, `act_gen_raw`.PowerSystemResourceName as raw from `act_gen_raw`, dt, plant_information
Where (`power_plants_raw`.`act_gen_raw`.`datetime_variable` in(select dt.datetime_variable from dt)) AND  (plant_information.PowerSystemResourceName = `act_gen_raw`.PowerSystemResourceName)
group by  `act_gen_raw`.PowerSystemResourceName
order by dt.`d`, dt.`t`;
[\code]
What I still do not get is how I can generate a new column for each "group" of my data respectively for each value of "PowerSystemResourceName". And also how I can make sure this columns name is exactly the value of this "PowerSystemResourceName"?

> Re your spec, row1...last_row on what ordering?
Again I was just trying to layout what kind of table I would like to achieve. Here the order does not matter.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.