MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: MySQL wont start as a service
Posted by: Roger Henley
Date: July 11, 2022 08:21AM

Phillip,
Could you tell me where to find the error logs you want? I am not certain which would be most beneficial. I just shut the Db down, did a reboot and confirmed MySQL80 service wouldn't start automatically, I tried to manually start the service in the services pop up and it failed also. Then I opened MySQL workbench and tried to start it there. That also failed. Where should I go to find the logs? I looked in my datadir and found several err files but nothing has a "date modified" time stamp of today. The most recent is time stamped yesterday. The only way I seem to be able to get it to run is to run mysqld --datadir "e:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 8.0/Data". I am obviously very new to this so it would probably be best to assume I know nothing when giving me advise (that should already be obvious, :))

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL wont start as a service
July 11, 2022 08:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.