MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: Categorize values of columns
Posted by: Nirgal Nirgal
Date: August 14, 2022 07:36PM

Thank you Philip and Peter for your valuable answers.

Peter: thank you for the links, I will make sure to read them carefully.

Philip, I appreciate your answer, but I think there may a be a bit of a difference with the kind of information I have on my table.

In the example you put, each retailer appears to have a single flavour. In my table, retailers may have one or several flavours. My desire is to be able to count them both individually and as groups.

For instance I would like to know, how many retailers have chocolate (regardless of weather they also have other flavours) and also I would like to know how many retailers have both chocolate and strawberry.

Also, I would like to add that sadly, I have not created the table. I much appreciate the guidance you provide me as how to create tables on the future and will make sure to discuss with my associates to change the style, but an ideal solution would be to know how to work with my existing information.

Please let me know i am not expressing myself clearly.

Much appreciate the help.

Warm Regards,

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Categorize values of columns
August 14, 2022 07:36PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.