MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

database shown in phpMyAdmin not listed by mysql cli
Posted by: Joel D Canfield
Date: September 25, 2022 11:52AM

A database shown in phpMyAdmin and Mysql Workbench doesn't show when invoking SHOW DATABASES running mysql from the Mac terminal.

My end goal is to use the WordPress command line tool on my local MAMP WordPress installation.

I have MAMP installed and running on my Mac. WordPress is installed and working fine. PhpMyAdmin sees the database 'wordpress' just fine, and behaves as I'd expect it to.

Using Mysql Workbench, I was able to list all the databases properly.

MAMP, phpMA, and MySQL are all using port 3306 (I changed the MAMP defaults, and have confirmed in the config files etc. for everything.)

Running mysql (logged in as root, with password) the command SHOW DATABASES lists the 4 default databases but not the 'wordpress' database.

I do not know how to confirm that the commands I'm running in Mac's terminal are using port 3306, or even confirm that I'm not accidentally using some other instance of MySQL.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
database shown in phpMyAdmin not listed by mysql cli
September 25, 2022 11:52AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.