MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: In MySQL Workbench, should forward engineering an ER Diagram's foreign keys update the foreign keys in the schema?
Posted by: Lena Oan
Date: December 15, 2022 07:09AM

I have a database with 6 tables, this site https://pokieslab.net/aristocrat/ - it's online game web site. I tried to view the relationships between the tables by using EER diagram. I observed that all the one-to-one relationships were converted into one-to-many relationships. To be double sure, I started with a new EER diagram, made all the tables and assigned the relationships. Then I forward engineered the model and got the SQL script for the model. The code of this script is shared below. Now again starting from a new model, I went to file->import->reverse engineer create script and checked the option saying 'place imported objects on diagram'. To my great surprise, these two EER diagrams were not the same. The only change being, the one-to-one relationships were replaced by one-to-many relationships. Please tell me if I am wrong at some step, or is it a bug?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.