MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

- Additional Info (is fix a need to get Enterprise Edition?)
Posted by: Jim K
Date: May 25, 2023 09:45PM

Should have mentioned we have installed 'Community' Edition.

I've found opening an additional connection(s) for subsequent SELECTS (eg Conn2.Open / Conn2.Execute for RS2 & Conn3.Open / Conn3.Execute for RS3) does remove the additional time overhead on the SQL execution, just not sure of the impact on the server of lots of users all creating lots of connections, or if there is also much of a time penalty in establishing and releasing the additional connections.

Found my my.ini had innodb-thread-concurrency = 17 even though the manual says default on brand new installs is 0. Set mine to 0, but no change.

Also found the server's --thread-handling=one-thread-per-connection
Not sure if this is the cause, and is a means to get users to upgrade to the paid Enterprise Edition; which would enable =loaded-dynamically with the threads no longer tied to the connection. (or threads may have no relevance; and I am going down the wrong rabbit hole).

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
- Additional Info (is fix a need to get Enterprise Edition?)
May 25, 2023 09:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.