MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Newbie

Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access denied
Posted by: Nyle Davis
Date: March 06, 2007 09:28PM

I have three copies of the config.inc.php file. Don't know why, but have changed all them, with no change in output. I'm on W2K Pro box running WAMP, so the one in the PHPmyadmin directory should be the actively read file, but cannot make it work no matter what I do. Actual path to PHPmyadmin is:
\\Program Files\Wamp\phpmyadmin
but this is not the "C:" drive.

Searched multiple, ways and with multiple keywords to try to find a way to change the password = NO to password = YES, but find nothing, have tried all the interal MySQL stuff also to no avail. When I say "interal MySQL stuff", I mean I've tried the password reset procedures and all at:
http://www.geekpedia.com/Question105_How-to-reset-your-MySQL-root-password-under-Windows.html
only my command is mysqld-nt.exe and though the --skip-grant-tables process works (or seems to), I can not get either the mysql, mysqld-nt, nor the mysqldump commands to work in the \\Program Files\Wamp\mysql\bin directory.

After trying the password reset, now I am no longer able to login at the MySQL console or via the command prompt. I get the following errors, associate by command:

\\Program Files\Wamp\mysql\bin>mysql -u root
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

\\Program Files\Wamp\mysql\bin>mysql
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Wondering if the password=no is a MySQL setting either in an internal table or in the mysql.ini file?

Any thoughts on this?

Also noticed this seems to be a problem for almost every new user trying to use PHPmyadmin to manage their DBs. Why hasn't this been addressed on a global basis?

It appears the code in the PHPmyadmin scripting is at fault because it allows the user to add a password to the database, but then does not do the housekeeping to make sure all the parms needed are correctly set.

I'm not sure how they are tracking PHPmyadmin bugs, but this one sure needs to be in the bug database and worked out, since there are so many posts on it.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2007 10:31PM by Nyle Davis.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: MySQL Error Number 1045 Access denied
March 06, 2007 09:28PM
March 06, 2007 11:22PM
February 20, 2008 06:17AM
August 04, 2009 09:05PM
December 15, 2005 12:56AM
March 03, 2009 11:07PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.