Re: Trigger on information_schema.routines
Posted by: Michal Koba
Date: December 26, 2009 04:50AM

Ok. But i need something like this:

Developers working on database (for example developing new functionality or extends existing one on copy od production database). They made changes in various objects (Tables, Triggers Routines, etc.)

In developing process they produce several changes in objects - for example: they have main object (Routine) which is mostly changed (lets say - main changes made five times in a day).

Now. After few days they conclude that set of different object produce best result (or give less errors ;) ) - it's not easy to extract these objects from the set of backups or even if it would be possible - backups may not contain this specific change made between backups.

Ok. I think - there is no chance to force developers to save every version/compilation of objects and even if they will do so - it is difficult to stay in terms of versioning.

Now. I hope that I will put triggers on main tables in information_schema, that intercepts changes in database objects and save to separate database intended to maintain changes history.

Hmmm ... I think we can discuss in terms of "Change Management"

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
December 24, 2009 06:30AM
Re: Trigger on information_schema.routines
December 26, 2009 04:50AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.