Unicode problem in the mysql help me out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Maneesh Chauhan
Date: July 21, 2004 05:07AM

hi to All ,
As mysql 4.1 supports the utf8 encoding.
I set the character set of the database utf8 and client sends the data to this database in the BIG5 character encoding
Now my question is thats how the mysql 4.1 handles this thing means it internally do the conversion when getting the data that is in big5 encoding and converts it the utf8 character set . After do it retrive the data from the database (utf8) and converts the data to big5 , and send the data in big5 encoding

Or there is problem when the client and database encoding is different

As i know that in Oracle, all character sets are defined in terms of a Unicode 2.0 code point. That is each character is defined as a Unicode 2.0 code value. Character conversion takes place transparently to users by using Unicode as the intermediate form. For example, when a JA16SJIS client connects to a JA16EUC database, the character

(value 0x88F9) entered from the JA16SJIS client is internally converted to Unicode (value 0x4E9C), then it is converted to JA16EUC(value 0xB0A1).

Can same thing possible in mysql 4.1 also

Can any body answer this question

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Unicode problem in the mysql help me out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 21, 2004 05:07AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.