Charset Problem while migrating database
Posted by: Gabriel Col
Date: March 01, 2011 02:57AM

I have a custom made CMS that I must migrate to work on Wordpress. Everything worked fine except the charset module.

Since this is about a Rumanian blog content, there are some special chars used (this will be ă, î, ș, â, Ț). When i insert this content on wordpress wp_posts, Wordpress displays them as "?".

I've tried all kind of stuff, like changing the charset from utf8 to latin1, latin2, and so on, but no result.

Even more, when i try to replace that special characters with normal ones (eg: ă to a, î to i) nothing happens, the content remains the same (there are actually some chars that are changed but not all)

What i do wrong and what i must do to do it right?

Is there any way i can check what is the exact charset used to the old database so i can set it for the new one too. Or is it any way of converting that database into utf8 (what wordpress use)?

Until now i read this information wish SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'c%'.

Thanks a lot!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Charset Problem while migrating database
March 01, 2011 02:57AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.