Turkish character encoding
Posted by: Alan Kearin
Date: March 06, 2009 05:48AM

Firstly - I am fairly new to MySQL and have never had to use turkish characters before.
THIS IS A DUPLICATE TOPIC I POSTED ON THE TURKISH SECTION - BUT MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME HERE

I am having problems using LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE to load a .csv file of all the user data into my users table. I have tried many different character encoding options on the table (latin5-turkish, utf8-turkish, utf8-bin) and when running the LOAD DATA command I have tried defining the CHARACTER SET = utf8... I have experienced the turkish characters being displayed as question marks, and at this moment my table is set to utf8-turkish-ci and the names are being cut in half whenever a turkish character appears (eg - AYBÜKE is displaying as AYB)

If I manually insert data through phpmyadmin the characters will display properly (although I can't currently display them properly on the webpage - still getting question marks despite trying to add a meta content type to the header)

Can anyone help me with this problem? Most importantly for now is loading the data. If possible a complete description of what I need to do to load data, store data and display data using turkish character sets.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Turkish character encoding
March 06, 2009 05:48AM
March 06, 2009 10:25AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.