Re: Cyrillic characters in Mysql 3.23.55
Posted by: Olli Vaananen
Date: June 02, 2005 05:18PM

Thank You!!!
Now Mysql 4.1.12 is up and running. I have been changing tables to utf8 and all that sort of things. I think that this side of the matter is OK now.

Now the remaining problem seems to be Php 4.3.0. I haven't been able to retrieve any of my cyrillic characters yet. After going deeper into the matter, I unfortunately have started to see the dark shadow of upgrade to Php 5.0 glooming over me. I'm not sure yet. Maybe this "htmlentities" -function will do the job. It just sounds a bit sloppy...Might be slow with large chunks of text. I don't know. I have gotten the impression that 5.0 would be able to handle unicode in a more straightforward way. Do you know about this? (and I still don't know exactly how this htmlentities -function works)

I think I have made a personal record. I searched Google with string "'php 4.3' mysql unicode cyrillic". I got 2420 hits. But the first three ones were my own messages on different forums (including this). As you can see, I've really tried hard. But the most helpful answers I've been getting here. You're my favourite Mysql-guru, Shu!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2005 05:20PM by Olli Vaananen.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: Cyrillic characters in Mysql 3.23.55
June 02, 2005 05:18PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.