Re: problem with arabic text inside the database
Posted by: i Linux85
Date: November 13, 2010 02:42PM

Hello

i will explain more

i Convert my database from this tutorial

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Convert_latin1_to_UTF-8_in_MySQL

but i didn't notice the arabic characters INSIDE the database is encrypted , like

اوÙاµ ®ØµØ… „Ù‡ Øكلق§Ø‡Ø°Ù…ا؄مشٳÙÙ‹ ÙÙ„...

through the php script connect with the database everything GOOD , but inside the database the arabic characters looks like that

i try to return the database to the old encoding which is WINDOWS-1256 using iconv by the following command

# iconv -f UTF-8 -t WINDOWS-1252 database.sql > database_1252.sql

i got this error

iconv: illegal input sequence at position

so i try to run the command again using -c option

# iconv -c -f UTF-8 -t WINDOWS-1252 database.sql > database_1252.sql

it's worked and i can see the arabic characters inside the database as well, but alot of characters missing , for example :

i would like to go shopping

after the converting

i would like to

i want to know how could i fix the Arabic Characters to be read as normal inside the database complete not missing anything

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Re: problem with arabic text inside the database
3023
November 13, 2010 02:42PM


Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.