Problems with UTF8 encoding
Posted by: Rasmus Juhl
Date: May 09, 2011 04:49AM

Hi!

I'm currently in the process of building a very small database for a university project, and need some help with character encoding between my PHP scrips and MySQL.

Basicly, I'm having trouble making the server return the local danish characters "æøå". I managed to make the server accept these characters a few days ago (so æøå show up in phpmyadmin), but to be honest i lost track of what variables i changed (as different guides on the web tell you to edit a lot of different things).
My html pages are set to UTF8 and have no problem displaying the letters, so the problem seems to be in the communication between mysql and my php scripts.

I would appriciate it very much if anyone could give me an overview of what values need to be set to what, and how i can changes these to UTF8 so i can make my local characters show up in database results.

Thank you!
Rasmus

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Problems with UTF8 encoding
3549
May 09, 2011 04:49AM
1494
May 10, 2011 10:33AM


Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.