Config or Installation Issue
Posted by: Luis Benitez-Martell
Date: April 16, 2020 09:04PM

Data contained in a varchar type field, produces an error that avoid saving a record because de data contains characters (scape sequences) that prints Spanish language accents since the fields of any table shall contain information in Spanish and some English words or short expression(s) in the same piece of data. I think it it a config issue, because the same application, but using MSSQL as data base engine, accepted the string data as it came from the comma delimited source as is in the sequential (text) file. This is the SQL instruction and error message:

Insert INTO prodfarm (Codigo_Prod, Nombre, Prin_Activo, Forma_Farma, Activ_Terap, No_Reg_SSA, Fecha_Revision, Presentaciones, Caducidades ) Values (
'REG-0135', 'Evastel D', 'Ebastina 10 mg / Pseudoefedrina 120 mg', 'Cápsulas liberación prolongada', 'Anti-histamínico, Descongestivo', '622M98 SSA II', '2005-10-03', 'Caja con 10 y 5 cápsulas en envase de burbuja', '36 MESES' );

Error Code: 1366. Incorrect string value: '\xC3\xBApsul...' for column 'Presentaciones' at row 1

The weird thing is that other fields as Activ_Terap accepts accented words(histamínico) and allows the record to be saved, but the field Presentaciones does not.
Can anyone help me to solve this issue? I will appreciate a lot!

As a work around, I replaced the accented vowel character with a non accented one, i.e. cápsula is replaced with capsula. The record could be stored but it's a miss spelling.
Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Config or Installation Issue
April 16, 2020 09:04PM
April 17, 2020 11:02AM
April 17, 2020 03:07PM
April 18, 2020 10:29PM
April 20, 2020 01:17AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.