MS SQL to MySQL 5 migration performance
Posted by: johan gant
Date: August 12, 2009 03:28AM

Hi,

I'm fairly new to using the MySQL migration toolkit. One of the tasks I'm working on is migrating a reasonably sized MS SQL database to a MySQL platform. I won't go into transformations, but on the basis of migrating anything from 600k to 5million rows from up to 20 tables (total of around, say, 15 million rows) I'm a little concerned at the speed (or lack of!) of the migration toolkit.

Is it reasonable to expect a transfer time of around 45 minutes for 5 million rows? The source server is on another box and connectivity is over gigabit ethernet, so I wouldn't expect to have to wait very long for this kind of operation. At the moment I'm strongly considering dumping all the MS SQL data to CSV format, importing that and then applying my transformations at the end.

This sort of defeats the raison d'etre of the migration toolkit, so I thought I'd raise the issue here in the hope that some of the developers might be able to clarify or investigate further.

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
MS SQL to MySQL 5 migration performance
August 12, 2009 03:28AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.