Error when trying to Migrate from SQL Server to MySQL
Posted by: Long Dage
Date: December 16, 2009 10:38AM

I can't figure out why I am getting this erorr when tyring to do a simple migrate from SQL Server to MYSQL.

I am running SQL Server 10.0.1600 and MySQL version 5.1.40 and the MySQL Migration tool version 1.1.17

When specifying my SQL Server database I get the following error:

Connecting to source database and retrieve schemata names.
Initializing JDBC driver ...
Driver class MS SQL JDBC Driver
Opening connection ...
Connection jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://LongDaGeDev\LongDaGe:1433/DBCommunity;user=sa;password=xxxx;charset=utf-8;domain=
The list of schema names could not be retrieved (error: 0).
ReverseEngineeringMssql.getSchemata :Unknown server host name 'LongDaGeDev\LongDaGe'.
Details:
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:364)
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:178)
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
com.mysql.grt.modules.ReverseEngineeringGeneric.establishConnection(ReverseEngineeringGeneric.java:141)
com.mysql.grt.modules.ReverseEngineeringMssql.getSchemata(ReverseEngineeringMssql.java:99)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
com.mysql.grt.Grt.callModuleFunction(Unknown Source)

I have verified that I can connect to SQL server using the sa password account using the Microsoft SQL Server managment studio, so there must be something simple that I am overlooking.

I have tried, when specifying the SQL server connection, all combinations of hostname, database, etc that I can think of, but so far none of them work. None of them are able to even get a list of databases.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as we are considering moving our site database from SQL server to MYSQL.

Thanks
Long DaGe
www.LongDage.com
www.TheDragonExchange.com

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Error when trying to Migrate from SQL Server to MySQL
December 16, 2009 10:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.