Really Need HELP! MySQL db migration on 2 physical servers under Windows
Posted by: mitch cagadas
Date: February 15, 2011 12:10AM

Hello Guys,

As a newbie on MySQL db (with zero knowledge) and currently is planning to perform db migration of 40GB between 2 different servers under Windows platform from 2000 to 2003 I would like to ask your help/advice on:

1. Rule of thumb when it comes to MySQL db migration. Can I jump from one version to a higher version or there should be required sequence as far as db version is concerned?
2. Efficient migration options that I should and must consider? Like in can I use an existing backup file or can I directly transfer db physical files and just start the db (just like in Oracle)?
3. Approximately how long will it take me to migrate a database with that size?
4. On a database view, are there checklists to ensure migration task was successfully done?? Where will I check it in the database?

Also, do we have a concise step-by-step DB migration guide/plan and documentation (with pictures/GUI tools) on each versions?

Any help is really appriciated.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Really Need HELP! MySQL db migration on 2 physical servers under Windows
February 15, 2011 12:10AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.