move tables from local drive to www server
Posted by: Rolling Okie
Date: August 14, 2012 07:38AM

Hello. I am a web design student working on a project, I have developed a small php/mysql program on localhost that works fine. I would like to move it to the web server which is located on a remote server. Rather than recreate all the tables field by field, I would like to learn how to do it a little more efficiently. I know I could write code to "create table..." but I wonder if I can't import the table into the database. My local phpadmin has an import feature to import tables, but there is no import tab on the remote server phpadmin program. I know how to "load data infile" into a pre-existing table. I'm looking for a way to create the the table definition and import the data the most efficient way possible into the database all at one time. My localhost is wampserver 2.1 on Windows in the U.S. and the remote server is shared hosting in the U.K. running Linux infong 2.4. Is "mysqldump -p - -user=username dbname tableName > tableName.sql" + "mysql -u username -p -D dbname < tableName.sql" a decent option? TIA - Steve

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
move tables from local drive to www server
August 14, 2012 07:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.