Migration from ubuntu mysql 5.7 to windows mysql 5.7
Posted by: calvin law
Date: September 15, 2020 06:48PM

Dear all,

I have some issues regrading migration from ubuntu (Server 1) to windows MySQL (Server 2). First of all, I had installed MySQL migration tools on Server 2, and when i try to migrate the data, Server 1 does not migrate the data. Some of the views stated syntax error and unable to create in the migration.

Then when I try to migrate with MySQL from the migration tab, all tables and views and routines were successfully created, but it will generate errors like MySQL server had gone away. So i double check on those tables, on which it is a big tables with carry lot of data inside.

`ntnsap`.`dtrtbl`:Finished copying 55 rows in 0m02s
`ntnsap`.`bgttbl`:Copying 17 columns of 280637 rows from table `ntnsap`.`bgttbl`
ERROR: `ntnsap`.`bgttbl`:Failed copying 30617 rows
ERROR: `ntnsap`.`dptmas`:mysql_query(SELECT count(*) FROM `dptmas`): MySQL server has gone away
`ntnsap`.`dptmas`:Finished copying 0 rows in 0m00s
ERROR: `ntnsap`.`dlrtbl`:mysql_query(SELECT count(*) FROM `dlrtbl`): MySQL server has gone away
`ntnsap`.`dlrtbl`:Finished copying 0 rows in 0m00s
ERROR: `ntnsap`.`tmptrt`:mysql_query(SELECT count(*) FROM `tmptrt`): MySQL server has gone away
`ntnsap`.`tmptrt`:Finished copying 0 rows in 0m00s
ERROR: `ntnsap`.`rbttbl`:mysql_query(SELECT count(*) FROM `rbttbl`): MySQL server has gone away
`ntnsap`.`rbttbl`:Finished copying 0 rows in 0m00s
ERROR: `ntnsap`.`tihfil`:mysql_query(SELECT count(*) FROM `tihfil`): MySQL server has gone away
`ntnsap`.`tihfil`:Finished copying 0 rows in 0m00s
ERROR: `ntnsap`.`lidtbl`:mysql_query(SELECT count(*) FROM `lidtbl`): MySQL server has gone away
`ntnsap`.`lidtbl`:Finished copying 0 rows in 0m00s

So i run some of the scripts like this,

-- SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'sql_mode'; -- show status on SQL mode

-- set sql_mode=''; -- can the mode to non strict mode as to copy the data without checking the format.

-- select @@sql_mode; -- to show mysql mode status.

-- set global max_allowed_packet=104857600; -- allow maximum packet to 100mb for data transfer.

After applying those scripts, the migration still does not correctly, it will just lost connection from copying large table to Server 2. I have try to migrate the data from server 1 to my PC and the migration completed without any error.

Server 1 Specification
MySQL Server Ver: 5.7
Processor: Xeon E3400 Series
RAM: 4GB

Server2 Specification
Processor: Xeon E3400 Series
RAM: 4GB

My PC Specification
Processor: Corei7 10700 Series
RAM: 16GB

Please Advice.

Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migration from ubuntu mysql 5.7 to windows mysql 5.7
September 15, 2020 06:48PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.