Migrate 4.0.14 data to 5.1.30
Posted by: Will Barbee
Date: January 28, 2009 09:29AM

I have just installed MySQL 5.1.30 to replace 4.0.14. I used Create Database to create the two new databases.I then copied the tables under the DB's but got index errors. That is, the database was recognized, MySQL would show the tables but if I said describe table-name, it gave me an "Index error. Try to repair it." message.

I ran MySQLCheck (5.1.30) with --repair option. It did nothing. In fact, it would not even find the tables in the DB.

So I am now trying to use the Migration Tool program to migrate my data.

I defined the two new databases using Create Database commands. I defined the two old databases as well. I copied the old data under the old database creations.

When I run the Migrate Tool, it runs fine thru Initialization and Direct Migration and I chose MySQL for the databases being migrated. For the Source Schemata display, I chose the appropriate database to be converted. The program started Reverse Engineering and gave an error immediately:
"ERROR - Could not be Reverse Engineered - ...Fcn ReverseEngr() returned error:
Could not execute SHOW TABLE"

How can I migrate my 4.0.14 databases to 5.1.30?

WillB

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Migrate 4.0.14 data to 5.1.30
January 28, 2009 09:29AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.