Re: No MySQL database listed in Source Database dropdown
Posted by: Jason Winnebeck
Date: May 25, 2005 07:24AM

Yes, I have a similar problem. This is listed in the manual as being an available source, but I cannot select it in the toolkit. I am wanting to migrate (copy, actually) a MySQL database between servers. I realize I can do this with copying files, except that copying from 4.1 to 4.0 or vice versa I believe does not immediately work properly? Also it requires a shutdown of the server to do safely, and appropriate shell/network file permissions, so doing it through the toolkit is just easier. I can guarantee that there are no other users of the specific source and destination databases (but not of the server as a whole).

It has just floored me since the first alpha I've seen of this software what it cannot do MySQL to MySQL I need to do this task on a weekly, sometimes daily basis and I still have no good way of doing this.

Jason Winnebeck
Center for Integrated Manufacturing Studies
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.