Re: Network error IOException: Connection Refused: connect in MS SQL Server 2000
Posted by: Shane
Date: March 13, 2007 07:30PM

Hi thanks for the help from everyone. I found something extra to do with this so I thought I would add it in case it helps. Once you run compmgmt.msc and go to the SQL Server Configuration Manager area and have checked that you allow TCP connections, you don't have to change the tcp port in the TCP Dynamic Ports area you just need to change the migration to use the port listed. I still had to use sa and sa password as my login. Another point is that each instance of sql server that you have running will have a different Dynamic port set up for listening so if you have multiple instances of say sql server running (either 2000 or 2005) you need to specify the correct port that that instance is using (seen in the TCP Dynamic Ports) so that that JDBC knows which port to use to attempt to connect too. So in my case I had an instance of localhost\sql2005 running which was using port 1465.
So my sql server instance localhost\sql2005 matches to localhost:1465 in the connection string.
So the connection string I ended up with was
jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1465/my_database;user=sa;password=********;charset=utf-8;domain=

Hope this helps
Cheers
Shane

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Re: Network error IOException: Connection Refused: connect in MS SQL Server 2000
March 13, 2007 07:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.