Can't find source database (help in German welcome as well)
Posted by: Robert Vagt
Date: June 21, 2011 06:38AM

Hello MySQL Community,
in the last Week I started my internship and my task is to migrate data from SQL Server 2008 R2 Express to MySQL. Therefor i wanted to use the MySQL Migration Toolkit, which seemed to be a proper solution for my task. But now I am facing a problem and even my superiors, who are quite experienced in databases couldn't help me. So the problem is, that whatever I do the Migration Toolkit doesn't detect the source Database.
I think as hostname, "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" is the right decision, the Port is 1433, I unlocked it in the TCP/IP protocolls as well. But I'm not really sure what I should use as username and/or password. I defined a username and a password for the entity I wanted to use and tried these but it didn't work. My windows username and pass didn't work as well. Here is the error report I usually get:

Connecting to source database and retrieve schemata names.
Initializing JDBC driver ... 
Driver class MS SQL JDBC Driver
Opening connection ... 
Connection jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/maste;user=XXX\rvagt;password=;charset=utf-8;domain=
The list of schema names could not be retrieved (error: 0).
ReverseEngineeringMssql.getSchemata :Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
Details: 
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.<init>(ConnectionJDBC2.java:372)
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.<init>(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:178)
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
com.mysql.grt.modules.ReverseEngineeringGeneric.establishConnection(ReverseEngineeringGeneric.java:141)
com.mysql.grt.modules.ReverseEngineeringMssql.getSchemata(ReverseEngineeringMssql.java:99)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
com.mysql.grt.Grt.callModuleFunction(Unknown Source)

What am I doing wrong? I would be very nice of you if you can help me get that fixed.

Kind regards, Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2011 06:54AM by Robert Vagt.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Can't find source database (help in German welcome as well)
June 21, 2011 06:38AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.