view migration
Posted by: Levi Wheatcraft
Date: July 19, 2011 12:15PM

Good afternoon,

Our company is currently migrating our MS SQL databases to MySQL using the MySQL Migration Toolkit. After a couple days we successfully transferred all of the tables to MySQL, but the views are all having to be manually edited. I fully expected a degree of necessary editing, but I find that every single view needs major formatting changes. It is going, but it is going very slow and painfully.

I have checked out many of the popular conversion software available for migration, but I am having a hard time justifying purchase of them since we're about halfway done already and I don't know that they won't have the same problems I currently am facing.

I am truly dreading stored procedures after working with the views. Does anyone have any suggestions or shortcuts to offer, or am I stuck doing this the long and slow way?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
view migration
July 19, 2011 12:15PM
August 01, 2011 08:42AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.