Cannot connect to MySQL during Migration in workbenck. Error: Can't connect to MySQL (10061) (code 2003)
Posted by: Flavia Machado
Date: October 23, 2012 03:01PM

I'm using the MySql Workbench to connect to a remote MySql instance. I have a connection setting that allows me query tables, create tables... but it fails when I try to migrate data from SqlServer to mySQL. Here the steps: Database -> migration... Enter the connection data for Source DBMS -> test connection pass. Enter the source DBMS select the existing saved connection -> test connection pass. Go to next step.

I get the error:

Check target DBMS connection I receive the error Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) (code 2003).

Below the complete log. Any ideas?

Starting...
Connect to source DBMS...
Connecting to source...
Connect to source DBMS done
Check target DBMS connection...
Connecting to target...
Connecting to Mysql@localhost::3306@localhost:32222...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\modules\db_mysql_fe_grt.py", line 137, in connect
con.connect()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\workbench\db_utils.py", line 169, in connect
raise MySQLError(modules.DbMySQLQuery.lastError(), modules.DbMySQLQuery.lastErrorCode(), "%s@%s" %
(self.connect_info.parameterValues["userName"], self.connect_info.parameterValues["hostName"]))
workbench.db_utils.MySQLError: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) (code 2003)
Connecting to Mysql@localhost::3306@localhost:32222...
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\modules\db_mysql_fe_grt.py", line 137, in connect
con.connect()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\workbench\db_utils.py", line 169, in connect
raise MySQLError(modules.DbMySQLQuery.lastError(), modules.DbMySQLQuery.lastErrorCode(), "%s@%s" %
(self.connect_info.parameterValues["userName"], self.connect_info.parameterValues["hostName"]))
workbench.db_utils.MySQLError: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) (code 2003)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\workbench\wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 65, in run
self.func()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\modules\migration_source_selection.py", line 450, in task_test_target
raise e
SystemError: MySQLError("Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) (code 2003)"): error calling Python module function DbMySQLFE.connect
ERROR: Error during Check target DBMS connection: MySQLError("Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) (code 2003)"): error calling Python module function DbMySQLFE.connect
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\workbench\wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 543, in update_status
task.run()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE\workbench\wizard_progress_page_widget.py", line 80, in run
raise e
SystemError: MySQLError("Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) (code 2003)"): error calling Python module function DbMySQLFE.connect
ERROR: Exception in task 'Check target DBMS connection': SystemError('MySQLError("Can\'t connect to MySQL server on \'127.0.0.1\' (10061) (code 2003)"): error calling Python module function DbMySQLFE.connect',)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
Cannot connect to MySQL during Migration in workbenck. Error: Can't connect to MySQL (10061) (code 2003)
October 23, 2012 03:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.