Re: Migrating from MS Access to MySQL
Posted by: stepher r
Date: December 23, 2005 12:43AM

Sebastien,

Thanks for the help you've provided so far. I have yet to sort it out (hoping someone else might have an idea). I did try to execute the script from within the MySQL browser, but the error messages are not quite clear on what I would need to do. Your "cut & paste" suggestion is a good one. Also, when I am actually using MT, I get to the screen that says it's reverse engineering and all that, but that's the point where it freezes and there is no button for selecting Advance. Therein lies my dilemma :(

I'll just have to do some more reading and scanning thru the postings to see if I can gain any other insight.

Again, thanks and happy holidays to you....

Cheers...Steph

PS. I just figured out how to see the transaction as it happens (or doesn't, in my case :( the system freezes (I think Access isn't responding at this point) and here is the info that shows up in the window at the bottom:

Initializing JDBC driver ...
Driver class MS Access
Opening connection ...
Connection jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=D:\IPS\InspectionDB.mdb;DriverID=22;READONLY=true;UID=Admin;PWD=}
Initializing JDBC driver ...
Driver class MS Access
Opening connection ...
Connection jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=D:\IPS\InspectionDB.mdb;DriverID=22;READONLY=true;UID=Admin;PWD=}

Maybe this will trigger some new insight.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2005 01:42AM by stepher r.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
December 16, 2005 07:53PM
Re: Migrating from MS Access to MySQL
December 23, 2005 12:43AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.