**SOlVED** MT generates incorrect syntax v5.0.16-nt-max
Posted by: Al McNicoll
Date: January 03, 2006 08:22AM

** I'm leaving this port here in case it helps out others making the same mistake**

My apologies, I had not given the right user the rights to all tables! If you're using a workgroup (.mdw) file, make sure you give the rights to the user that the MT's going to be using to log on. I'm not sure at the end whether it was the Admin user or my own login user (I gave full rights to both) but this may resolve your problem if you ahve any of the issues I did below...

Al

** Original post **

Hi there all, I wonder if anyone can help me out.

I'm using the current latest release of the Migration Toolkit (1.0.21rc) to migrate from an Access 2000 DB (I have Access 2003) to MySQL v5.0.16-nt-max. After connecting fine, reverse engineering, etc. etc. I get past Object mapping, where I've tried several options, notably Statistical and Multilanguage, neither option helping me out with the subsequent problem. I finally get to the stage of "creating schema objects". Every table produces an error:
>> you have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual for the correct syntax to use near ')ENGINE = INNODB' at line 2

Of course, if I select other options to change the character set or engine then the error text changes, but it's essentially the same error: near ')ENGINE = ...'

Examination of the generated SQL shows that not only are the column names missing (I've seen this problem elsewhere and hope I can fix that), but also that there is an extraneous closing bracket which is causing the above error. Is this linked to the lack of columns, or is this a bug in the MT?

Can anyone give me a pointer in the right direction?

Thanks,

Al

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2006 08:36AM by Al McNicoll.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Written By
Posted
**SOlVED** MT generates incorrect syntax v5.0.16-nt-max
January 03, 2006 08:22AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.