MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

Missing mysqld-max.exe
Posted by: jlist
Date: March 12, 2007 07:37PM

The windows binary distributions for 5.0 do not appear to have the max compiles. Comparing mysql-noinstall-4.1.22-win32.zip's payload with that of mysql-noinstall-5.0.37-win32.zip, reveals that 4.1 contains

mysqld-max.exe
mysqld-max-nt.exe

but every one of the the 5.0 and 5.1 distributions I've been able to locate contains neither of these files.

I've tried to compile from source using Visual Studio 8 (2005) (with the tools suggested in the win/ readme) and the compile succeeds when the federated engine is not enabled (no options listed on the win/configure <options> pre-compile script), but fails when WITH_FEDERATED_STORAGE_ENGINE is stated as a pre-compile option.

Even if I could make this work, I'm not comfortable with it given the caveat that appears in the INSTALL_WIN_SOURCE file in the distribution root, quoting here:

"*Note*: The instructions here are strictly for users who want to test
MySQL on Microsoft Windows from the latest source distribution or from
the BitKeeper tree. For production use, MySQL AB does not advise using
a MySQL server built by yourself from source. Normally, it is best to
use precompiled binary distributions of MySQL that are built
specifically for optimal performance on Windows by MySQL AB."

Has anyone actually installed (or even seen) these max binaries in the 5.0 or 5.1 distributions?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Missing mysqld-max.exe
March 12, 2007 07:37PM
March 26, 2007 07:14PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.