MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

Re: select count(*) from table
Posted by: Damir Franusic
Date: February 22, 2006 04:47AM

I have similar problem with BLOB field. I am running a simple query:
DELETE from TABLE1 where id=1;

My TABLE1 has one BLOB filed which if for example 100 Mb big and when I run this query on Server1(federated table thata points to Server2) I get an error. On the other server(Server2 - server that actually holds the data, real table) I get the following in the log file:

DELETE from TABLE1 where id=1 AND blob_field='ű”

As you can see, the simple delete query which only needs one ID number, also checks the ENTIRE blob field.

This is the error message I get on Server1:
ERROR 1296 (HY000): Got error 10000 'Error on remote system: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that correspond' from FEDERATED

I suppose this is because the syntax is invalid, as you can see from the entry in the log file from Server2. The part where blob_filed is checked is cut off, it lacks the entire blob data and the closing "')" part of the SQL.

Have we discovered A BUG or is this just a normal way federated engines works and why is that so?

Thanks for your help

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2006 06:29AM by Damir Franusic.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
November 14, 2005 11:06AM
November 16, 2005 06:32AM
Re: select count(*) from table
February 22, 2006 04:47AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.