MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

Re: Connecting to Oracle
Posted by: Chad Cramer
Date: April 04, 2006 02:40PM

Was there a response to this question about supporting Oracle databases? About a year ago I wrote to a different forum a few questions about implementing this before the federated storage engine was available. I never got around to looking into it due to time constraints until recently when I picked it back up. I was wondering how to handle the "database link" when I found the federated engine and the CONNECTION clause. I created an "oracle" storage engine in a few hours last weekend that connects to oracle and was justing finishing up the ability to select data. The connection info is stored in a datafile that has to be manually created ATM to get me started because I didn't know about the federated engine and the CONNECTION clause. I've been dealing with OCI for a few years and I'm willing to attempt a shot at making this work with the federated engine if nobody is currently working on it.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
December 27, 2005 11:52AM
Re: Connecting to Oracle
April 04, 2006 02:40PM
May 08, 2006 07:57AM
January 05, 2007 06:13PM
June 21, 2008 10:11AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.