MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Federated Storage Engine

Re: query returns wrong data
Posted by: sebastian mork
Date: February 13, 2006 06:33AM

thanks for that information.
Tonight I spent several hours trying to get it working, updated my redhat-server to mySql 4.? and tried so many things.. as I set up a new db with similar fields and Data I didnt get that problem
(although I wanted)..
so I tried again playing my 'favorite' table (afaik there are actually only two tables/cases causing problems) but there I got the problems again. running a query locally on the remote machine - no problem, on the federated table no problem, too.. until I start sorting by name (by prim.key works).
Doing that kind of sort returns always the record with the highest primary key-value. e.g. if my query should return 10 or 20 rows, it returns 10 or 20 times the record with the last id..
hmm, for a while (I removed unimportant rows, truncated the table and filled it up with some other data) I was really believing that a column with two underscores (_) in the name caused that problem :)

Well, after reading your msg and a 'oh no'... I tried this and set 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COLLATE=latin1_german1_ci' to the table and the column charset to latin1, column collate to latin1_german1_ci ... but I always get not that data that I want..
But maybe it was just a too long time working at the same problem, I'll have a break, maybe I'll install mySql5 on the redhat-server, clean my DBs and try agan a clean start.

Well, lets see..
Sebastian

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
February 12, 2006 09:20AM
February 12, 2006 11:39AM
February 12, 2006 08:49PM
February 13, 2006 04:59AM
Re: query returns wrong data
February 13, 2006 06:33AM
February 14, 2006 09:00AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.