MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Data directory for InnoDB partitions
Posted by: Matt M
Date: May 28, 2007 01:32PM

Hi everybody,

I would like to confirm whether InnoDB engine allows specyfing partition PHYSICAL LOCATIONS when defining a partition schema, or not. Something like this:

CREATE TABLE 'table' ....

ENGINE = InnoDB
PARTITION BY RANGE ( something ) (
PARTITION p0 VALUES LESS THAN (100)
DATA DIRECTORY = '/home/data/P0'
PARTITION p1 VALUES LESS THAN (200)
DATA DIRECTORY = '/home/data/P1'
);

I've tried to execute this statement and it WORKS (no error raised and table is created), but there are no data in the specified locations (/home/data/P0,1). An statement like that works fine with MyISAM (data is placed in those locations).

Taking into account what I've read until now, it seems that InnoDB ignores DATA DIRECTORY/INDEX DIRECTORY clauses and _only_ creates a "logical" partition schema, but I want to be sure.

1) Am I correct?
2) If so, is there any way with InnoDB to split data into several physical files, organised by some column value? Or will InnoDB store all data in InnoDB files in any case?
3) Although InnoDB does not create separate files in the file system, will the MySQL server use partition pruning with this engine?

Thank you very much in advance,

Matt

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Data directory for InnoDB partitions
May 28, 2007 01:32PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.