MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Want to archive old partition data.
Posted by: Dominique Karg
Date: March 04, 2008 12:01PM

Hello everybody,

I'm pretty new to all of this partitioning stuff but I must say I'm excited at the foreseeable performance improvements this provides.

I got an application which stores vast amounts of events (mainly security but also generic / compliance log events) into a table. The event viewer that works on this table by default works on the entire table, with no key, date or whatever limitations.

Therefore, until I can implement some other limitations I'd like to move partitions older than, let's say, 30 days away into a backup table.
I already started coding everything using merge tables but this seems much faster/better/easier.

Is this possible ? Which would be the best way to accomplish this ? (thinking fo an event that would backup old data using insert into ... select * from after creating partitions in the backup table).

Sorry if this or something similar has been covered before, been checking the forums and googling for partitions the whole day and couldn't find a satisfying answer.

TYIA for any help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Want to archive old partition data.
March 04, 2008 12:01PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.