MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

timestamp, datetime as default value as current_timestamp [PARTITION]
Posted by: Mannoj Kumar
Date: August 29, 2012 01:21AM

I have a table column called 'recorddate' where it has timestamp datatype to default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP. Now I have few questions regarding maintenance part.

I should partition this table keeping recorddate as rangekey. But now it wouldn't allow partition key for timezone-dependent expressions in (sub)partitioning function.

If I change the timestamp datatype to datetime for recorddate the partition is created but it won't allow default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP database level.

2.1 . When I see forums stating MySQL 5.6.5 has datetime datatype can have CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, now(). Would it allow rangebykey for partition ? [Another thought that clings on my head is, would it be good to pick a distribution that is still under developement]

Any suggestions or work around, I really don't like the concept of triggers having to be on recordate upon insert if null. As it seeds records almost 5hundered thousands perday and peak time goes to 8 transactions per second on that table. That is the intent of falling on to partitions.

Thanks in advance!! Mannoj

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
timestamp, datetime as default value as current_timestamp [PARTITION]
August 29, 2012 01:21AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.