MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Foreign key partitions ?
Posted by: Dominique Karg
Date: March 04, 2008 12:07PM

Sorry for the message flood, I thought I'd rather split up my questions into two or three posts instead of a single big one.

The application I'm working on stores events in quite a bunch of separate tables, the most important ones being:

event
ip header
tcp header
udp header
icmp header
payload

The event table I want to use with range partitioning on a daily basis, backing up too old data (older than 30 days).
Now my doubt comes with the other tables, which don't have timestamp tables where I can do this sort of partitioning.
The tables are related to each other by two idenfiers which identify an event uniquely by it's originator (sensor) ID and an incremental event ID.

Is there any way I can tell MySQL to put those id's into the same partition names as the event table uses ?

So if an event with "sensor_id 5, incremental_id 60" gets inserted into p20080304 on event, also insert the event with those id's into the p20080304 I'd have created on the ipheader table.

Sorry for the somewhat confusing explanation.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Foreign key partitions ?
March 04, 2008 12:07PM
March 25, 2008 11:02AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.