MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Re: Partitioning in MySQL Enterprise
Posted by: Phil Hildebrand
Date: August 29, 2008 09:32AM

MySQL enterprise version is 5.0, and that's what they recommend, however, they will support 5.1-rc as well (You just have to note that it's rc, so there are still some bugs being worked out).

We've been using 5.1-rc in production for almost a year now as an Enterprise Customer because we needed the partitioning functionality. We've hit a few bugs with replication, but they were not major and quickly fixed or had workarounds. We've only found one performance based bug related to partitioning and innodb, but there was a simple workaround for that as well.

The support that comes with MySQL enterprise version is really top notch, and the Enterprise monitor is great as well. Partitioning works great, and for a first release of partitioning I would give it an A. Being very familiar with both SQLServer and Oracle partitioning use in production, I'd say MySQL's partitioning implementation is a lot better than SQLServer's, but not as good as Oracle's (missing a couple features like global indexes, and waiting for some things like parallel querys and some optimizer improvements - both of which are currently being worked on, and I would assume will show up some time in 6.x)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
August 29, 2008 05:53AM
Re: Partitioning in MySQL Enterprise
August 29, 2008 09:32AM
September 01, 2008 09:47PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.