MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Re: Partition problem (Data striping)
Posted by: Randy Roadax
Date: April 12, 2012 08:30PM

Thanks, but neither option is available. All drives are not of the same type eg: 2 are usb3.0 and 4 are on a sata channel, No slots for a raid card any how. And symbolic links: well this is good for merging databases which are on different drives, this is how I am going about this at this time. But I need more performance out of them, and the rows need to be on a separate disk, like a raid 0: due to the nature of the access I need, this is the best performance option. Mysql seems to support this with subparitioning, but I can't get it to do this. # if you partition it by hash, and 6 partitions, there are 6 files, but I need these on separate disk, and I can't hardlink across volumes. I tried software raid, its slower then one single disk, this isn't an option either. The database up to this point has been inserts, but now I need to update records, and at best I get 100 a second on my hdds, and there are millions to be updated. I have a ssd to combat this and have to stop the server, move in another set of tables, and work on these, but there is so much data, and this has to be done all manually, I just need the update speed to keep up with the inbound changes without having to swap files between my 120 gig ssd: and this limits my ability to access only these tables.
Its a bit of a rant, but hopefully it will help you understand.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
April 10, 2012 07:09PM
Re: Partition problem (Data striping)
April 12, 2012 08:30PM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.