MySQL Forums
Forum List  »  Partitioning

Partitioned table maintenance
Posted by: Pandit P
Date: October 01, 2018 06:09AM

Hi,

I have these two maintenance scripts scheduled to run daily / weekly.

<code>

--Daily (except Sunday)
mysqlcheck --user=root --password='*******' --fast --auto-repair --optimize --force --silent --skip-write-binlog --databases testdatabase > /root/DBSCRIPTS/Maintenance_Daily.log

-- Weekly (only on Sunday)
mysqlcheck --user=root --password='*******' --quick --auto-repair --optimize --force --silent --skip-write-binlog --databases testdatabase > /root/DBSCRIPTS/Maintenance_Weekly.log

</code>

Recently I have created partitions of two tables which has 5 millions of data in each table and it is expected to grow by 1 million records every quarter.

So far there is no plan to archive the old data.

I have few questions.

1. Is the above maintenance mysqlcheck script able to take care of optimizing the partitions/

2. If yes, will it be able to optimize the table even when the table size grows with billions of records?

3. If I need to separate the maintenance script only for the partitioned tables, how can I do it with mysqlcheck command?

4. If I skip "--auto-repair --optimize" and add only the optimize partitition(partition_name), it is not going to rebuild the indexes or defragment the data for the whole table.

Please help.

Thanks
Praveen

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject
Views
Written By
Posted
Partitioned table maintenance
October 01, 2018 06:09AM

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Content reproduced on this site is the property of the respective copyright holders. It is not reviewed in advance by Oracle and does not necessarily represent the opinion of Oracle or any other party.